Following printers are covered under this article:
HP DeskJet Envy 5255 Black Ink Not Printing and Other Print Quality Issues
Make sure that you are using genuine ink cartridges.
Try the following steps and check:
Load the printer with plain white paper.
On the printer control panel, swipe left on the display, and then touch Setup.
Swipe up on the display, and then touch Clean Page Smears.The printer slowly feeds a blank page.
Wait for the printer to eject the blank page.
Try to check print settings
The Print window opens.
2. Open the Properties dialog box.
Depending on the software application, the button might be Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences.
3. Depending on your print job, you might consider modifying the following settings:
* Paper Type: If you are printing on photo paper, select the type of photo paper you are attempting to print on.
* Print Quality: If you are dissatisfied with the quality of your printouts, increase the print quality. To print more quickly, decrease the print quality. These options typically include Best, Normal, and Draft modes.
* Paper Size: If you are printing on a different size of paper than you normally print on, select the correct paper size.
* Black and White: If you want to print in black and white only, select the grayscale option.
4. After selecting the print settings, click OK to apply the settings, and then click Print.
Open a document, click File, and then click Print.The Print window opens.
Select the Paper Type/Quality or Media & Quality menu.
Depending on your print job, you might consider modifying the following settings:
To save your settings for future print jobs, select Save in the Presets menu, and then name the new preset.
Paper type: If one of the options matches your paper type exactly, select that option.
Quality: If you are dissatisfied with the quality of your printouts, increase the print quality. To print more quickly, decrease the print quality.
Next you can try is a new cartridge, alighn the printer and it should solve all issues.